About Red Roses: Perhaps the most meaningful of roses, the single red rose has been used throughout history, art, and music to convey feelings of love. In Greek and Roman mythology, the rose was the symbol of Venus, the goddess of love.
Many early cultures used red roses to decorate marriage ceremonies and to adorn traditional wedding attire. Through this practice, the red rose became known as a symbol for love and fidelity. As the tradition of exchanging roses and other flowers as gifts of affection came into prevalence, the red rose became the flower of choice for sending the strongest message of love. This is a tradition that has endured to the present dayIn the 18th century, when lovers were forbidden from publicly expressing their feelings, the red rose became a powerful message of love. And not just ordinary love, but a powerful, undying love that could overcome all obstacles.
Red roses also represent courage and power. Red was the color chosen by the house of York in the legendary War of the Roses. A red rosebud has its own meaning. It celebrates youthful, budding love that is innocent, honest, and pure. A withered red rose, on the other hand speaks of a beauty past its prime and a passion that has lost its warmth. A dark crimson rose that almost borders on black is indicative of mourning and sadness. In marriage, red roses indicate domestic bliss and continuing passion. Depending on the occasion, a single red rose or a bunch of red roses can speak volumes.
Send Dozen Red Roses with FlowerFresh
Red Rose Bouquet Care Tips
Our red roses are shipped in bud form with the outer guard petal left on to protect the red rose during shipment.
- Immediately remove your red rose bouquet from the fedex box upon arrival. Here are some simple suggestions to make your fresh cut red roses last longer:
- Remove the outer guard petals of your red roses and any leaves that fall below the waterline that might decay under water.
- Holding the rose stems end under water, cut about 1/2 inch off the stem with a sharp knife.
- Place your dozen red roses in a vase filled 3/4th with luke warm water mixed with a packet of floral preservative. It is important that you do this Immediately after cutting the red rose stems, as the stems tend to get blocked unable to take in water, if left exposed to the air.
- Keep your red rose bouquet away from the heating and air vents and also never set them on a TV. Every 3 to 4 days, empty the water, wash the vase, re-cutting the fresh rose stems as necessary